Sunday, February 27, 2005

Been Such a Long Time


Ray = Inspiration Posted by Hello
Wow, 2 months to the day since my last update. Aren't Blogs supposed to be daily? Hmm, I will work on that! A little catch up and then some beef:
I am not alone. Click here.4 those of you unwilling to click, it is the story of a smart, rich man who thinks "2 forms of ID please" is a little much here in the land of the "free" and the scared. The story dovetails nicely with last nights first viewing of "Bowling for Columbine".
Radio broadcast on hiatus for a few months. Taking a trip out to the east coast in late May, hopefully some new music will arrange itself in my head. I am listening to plenty, but having trouble getting my mind around it.
Movies? More than a few. Stay tuned for thoughts on "Million Dollar Baby", "Wattstax", the high price of Criterion, and some new Korean films I have to look up to get the spelling right.
I am going to buy the house I have been renting for the last 4 years. Apparently it makes fiscal sense, and I am willing to commit to the ever-changing town of Manhappiness. I want to be here to point and say I told you so to the vast group of citizens that think somehow Super Wal-Mart and Best Buy are improvements to our quality of life...
Tsunami relief. Out of the headline news, but the work will continue for years. I have committed to an every payday contribution, for the forseeable future. Wish I could be there to lift heavy things--about my only useful talent.
Politics, media, information thirst, are making me crazy. Every act, every work of fiction, soundbite, download CD purchase, region coded (or un) Dvd purchase sets me off. Taking the commercial skipping capabilities of Tivo off? Stop the madness!
Resolution I won't be able to stick to: calm.
Ok, enough for now, the pic at the top is (apparently) my best shot to date. It is the piano I play since seeing "Ray".

No comments: