Saturday, May 21, 2005

Radio Kaos 5/20/5 Playlist


Here is the playlist and links for 5/20/5 show. I am, apparently, too stupid to figure out podcasting, for now. Maybe by next week. Until then, and without further ado ...
"They" tell me I am the "senior", "tenured" DJ at the station, here in it's 6th iteration, so my lead off song is, naturally:
William Shatner: Has Been Don't Know Jack. Never Done Shit.
Tully Family Singers: Well, Well, Well (Fuck Folk Mix) I produced this recording, in case there was any damn doubt that I still have the juice..Thanks to Jason for his terrific attitude and open mind on the fierce, literate, drum track.
MIA: 10 Dollar Everything You Want.
Louis XIV: Illegal Tender ummm, no, I'm not going to explain the segue!
Queen Adreena: Pretty Like Drugs Thank goodness this damn record isn't available in the USA! we must protect the children
Sleater-Kinney: Sympathy probably my favorite song for the last 2 months. Punk Rock. Who'd a' thunk it?
PM Dawn: You Got Me Floatin' Jimi. Jimi. Jimi Hendrix.
Mofro: Dirtfloorcracker As we move into the groove section of our show...
Les Negresses Vertes: Abuela (remix) Not a Negresse in the lot...
Superpitcher: I Walk (remix) Yes, I heard this song on Biddy Thomas' show. Dammit.
Laurie Anderson: Speak My Language in an abandoned train station somewhere Michelle Reis is writhing under the lens of Wong Kar-Wai.
Lyn Collins: the Female Preacher: Think About It ...yanks my mind out of the gutter!
Yeah Yeah Yeah's: Bang ..and now I'm down in it. "Take a swallow as I spit, baby".
Ben Harper: Take My Hand yes, I am a Gemini. What?
Mike Doughty: Where Have You Gone? frontman for rock faves Soul Coughing.
Kidneythieves: Arsenal These cats are on the soundtrack to the videogame I am nearly finished with, Deus Ex: Invisble War. Yes, I get to live out my fantasy as a bio-modded nano-enhanced female killing machine.
Tricky: Black Steel I do miss the PE version piano hook..
Martina Topley Bird: Need One (remix) yes, she was the best part of the Tricky show at the Paradise. Besides the hottie with the whistle. Don't ask.
Billy Nayer Show: Everyone Got Laid --except the DJ.
What you can't know is that was the last song of the first half of the show. 12:30am rolled around and I opened the second half with:
Depeche Mode: Dead of Night We're twilight's parasites..
Waldeck: Wake Up Just breaking you out of Microsleeping at the wheel.
Courtney Love: Plague forget the tabloids. Listen to the song!
Sleater-Kinney: Sympathy (again) for contrast :)
Macy Gray: Walk This Way featured delicious cheese of the evening. Cheaper than a glass of Fussy Pussy at the 4 Olives..
Brazilian Girls: Sirenes De La Fete the Christina of the '00's..
Nightmares On Wax: Mind Elevation
Gary Numan: Crazier Gary Numan makes nearly every playlist, this is a terrific Steve Osborne remix.
Bill Withers: Who Is He? ..for the cuckolds out there. No, you don't know who you are...
Los Lobos: Mas Y Mas right up there with Soul Coughing on the best rock bands list.
Xerox Soundsystem: Connect Da SPlices/sampling/chopping and spindling in the name of music..
Queen Adreena: Madraykin spiralling down for the night
Yeah Yeah Yeah's: Modern Romance ..could almost be Reich or Glass with that coda!
MIA: Galang and the hidden track more ideas mashed into 7 minutes...
Staple Singers: Respect Yourself Live from Wattstax back in 71
That concluded my live show, switched on the magic Valis Cafe shuffler and launched the archive until dawn powered us down..

No comments: