Friday, June 10, 2005

Kim's Mondo Video


the picture of in-store performance was grabbed from here.
This link grabbed from Boing-Boing.
In case you didn't click the link: FBI raided this ultra-hip, independent video/music emporium and made arrests and seizures and so forth. So click the link then come back, okay? This is one of my stops every time I go to NYC. My experience: a clerk on the music side knew about the electronica I was trying to find and was very helpful. No sneer like Boston clerks sometimes give when synthesizers are mentioned.
The video side was eclectic, with tons of titles I had never heard of, all displayed for browsing and recognition. I hope they recover from the raid...and that this case brings some light to the chokehold major distributors have on what we can watch and purchase.

No comments: