Monday, June 20, 2005

Playlist 6/17/5 12 Inches of Pleasure


12" as in vinyl!Yep, record night in the KAOS studio...
Umm...I've said this before: records are heavy. Records have nice covers. Records are a PITA when you are holding a mic. To that end I switched back and forth from the archive between discs, as we have only 1 turntable. A few gems in this show, enjoy what I can piece together from memory, as the list of what I played is right there, on the mixing desk at the studio where I left it!
Ella Fitzgerald: Too Darn Hot she mentions Kinsey in this song
Ella Fitzgerald: Mac the Knife the version where she forgets the words
Michael Jackson: Scream Remix yep, celebrity has been dogging him for a long time..
Shriekback: My Spine is the Bassline
Shantel: Move Your Hands -- the only 10inch!
Cat Power: Satisfaction the best version of this ROlling Stones classic.
Tim Curry: Sweet Transvestite by request
Thomas Dolby: One of Our Submarines Remix a terrific remix by Akufen.
Emerson, Lake and Palmer: Knife Edge some organ music to celebrate my new
Lounge Lizards: Conquest of Rar the only full on jazz cut of the night.
GoldenPalominos: I'm Not Sorry (note the Anton Fier connection)
Ventures: Tequila classic stuff from Pee Wee's Big Adventure.
Eardrum Last Light Remixes: Low Order
Mikkel Metal: Lowfour RMX
Eurythmics: I Love To..(listen to Beethoven)
Schorf: Asyt
Bob Dylan: Subterranean Homesick Blues
Thomas Brinkmann: It Never Was You probably my favorite of the night.
Apparat Duplex Remixes: Schallstrom
Aural Exciters: Emile Nightrate I miss poppers...
Massive Attack: Special Cases Akufen Remix

No comments: