Monday, July 04, 2005

Playlist 7/1/5 - Happy Birthday America (see New Yorker Cover)

Aviator on the screen here, his wife leaving him. Ms Hepburn. He is a little hurt. Yeah, right. Twist the knife, begin the downward slide. On to the playlist!
Ms Kittin: Professional Distortion (remix) A terrific opener...
Prince: "My Name is Prince" first album by the Artist formerly known as..
Curtis Mayfield: "Pusherman" from the funkiest soundtrack ever.
Treat Her Right: "I Think She Likes Me" Mark Sandman's first band.
X Lover: "Strip Down" another cool track...
Patti Smith: "When Doves Cry" if Sinead can...Patti can too.
Queen Adreena: "Hotel Aftershow" why can't I find this CD for under 20.00?!!!
Hed Kandi: "Sunshine of Your Love" classic Cream cover.
Brigitte Bijoux: "Desintoxication" no idea how to make the accent agu in html..
Harris: "Path of the Blazing Sarong"
Robbie and Negro: "We Got the Fu_k" from the best Jazz album of 2004.
Sophie Rimheden: "Flow" (Hasslehim) finally got the damn CD. Thanks David from PBE.
Cat Stevens: "Peace Train" we don't even know where the station is anymore.
Nacho: "Aquatic Form" this CD was a thoughtful chrsitmas gift from years ago..
Kobol: "Terror Pig"
M.I.A.: "Sunshowers" (Diplo Mix) another CD impossible to find.
M.I.A.: "China Girl" (Diplo Mix)
Queen Adreena: "Sleeping Pill" the calm before the storm!
INTERMISSION
Nacho: "Dreaming I"
Apendics Shuffle: "Infected Drink Funk" a truly cool glitch adventure.
Martina Topley Bird: "Anything" singer from Tricky's band makes good.
Bola: "Effaninor" I don't get this band, but it is great electronica.
Tom Waits: "Time"
Raw: "Morning Song"
Martina Topley Bird: "I Still Feel"
Tom Waits: "Gun Street Girl" ..was the cause of it all...
Sophie Rimheden: "Pavik Panik Mix"
Sussan Deyhim: "Bade Saba" Bill Laswell remix version.
Sussan Deyhim: Navai (Savage Bird)
Jaqueline Taieb: "7 Heures" I hope I'm getting extra credit for these foreign language tracks!
Police: "One World (not three)" best track from the Police. Well, except maybe.."Hungry for You".
Public Image LTD: "Bad Life" a fine band from "back in the day".
Numan: "Crazier" gotta have Numan in the mix :)
The Isley Brothers: "It's Your Thing" no. it's my thing.
I hope you enjoyed the show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must be an ugly man not to show your picture for all of us avaliable women here in Manhattan.
Not too brite either.